Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Overall Artist Statement


Overall Artist Statement

As a digital artist, I can use my videos to capture a moment at which I can strive towards communicating a message to my viewers.  In my piece The Pickup, I strive towards engaging a helpless feeling for an individual in a movie trailer for a horror film.  The communication that I want the viewers to feel in this particular piece is a sense of distraction from everyday life that is out of the ordinary.  I use various sceneries to help reinforce a message which sets the mood in the viewer’s mind.  The extensive time it takes to create a piece, the challenge of getting a message across, is what makes digital art appealing to me, along with capturing the perfect moments for my viewers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment