Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Project 3 w/ Artist Statement


The Pickup

Horror films are popular in our society because the story line is some type of experience that most, if not all people will never deal with.  It’s something out of the ordinary.

This piece, The Pickup, is a movie trailer/short film that I have been working on.  I am making an individual, me, into a situation where I am going to pick something up when the whole thing goes wrong.  Out of nowhere, I am pulled into this random house where when I wake up, I am in a secluded area taped up to where I can’t speak, or move my hands and feet.  I am doing this by using fake blood to where it looks like I have been tortured and then there are different weapons lying in front of me which makes me more aware of what is about to happen. 

I chose to do this piece because I believe that anything can happen out of the norm to anyone.  I wanted to make this piece because I am very into the Saw series and it made me think about doing something similar to that.  This piece was fun to do because I, for once, was the one that was acting in front of the camera. 
The chose the title of this piece The Pickup because in the beginning scene, I answered a phone call saying that I can do a pickup.  Whatever it is that I am picking up, it all goes wrong.  It’s the viewer’s opinion on what they think I am about to go pick up. 

This horror film would appeal to adolescents because it’s a different type of excitement that can bring people in to watch it to see what will happen next.  It’s not an everyday occurrence where someone gets captured out of nowhere.   


No comments:

Post a Comment