Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Project 4 Artist Statement


Artist Statement 4

IUSB Tour

All of my years in college, I have attended Indiana University South Bend.  When I was in high school, I barely knew anything about this campus, let alone what this campus even looked like.

This piece, IUSB Tour, is a short video clip that shows the campus of IUSB.  I did this by going out and filming each building on campus and also by using text in the video to describe which building it was.  I had to shoot on a nice day so that I could get some great lighting.  I started the video off by doing the student housing and then I went from the library end of campus towards the Wiekamp end of campus.  Next, I filmed various scenes so that the campus, which it is, would stand out of the ordinary.  

I chose to do this piece because I had no idea at the time of what IUSB looked like.  I wanted to show what the school has to offer on such a beautiful campus.  Also, when people type in Indiana University South Bend, I was thinking that this video would show up and it would give them a virtual tour around campus to see what it looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment